Saturday, February 16, 2019

LAUAN603 - Experimentation - Software

Software:

I intend to choose a rough drawing brush tool for the line work in the character animation for a more dated retro look in the animation. If I am using Photoshop timeline this brush would be a good option:



I will be using photoshop for all animation other than the final show animation because it is the most time efficient at this point in time, since I am not used to using TVPaint11 yet, but I am currently practicing it.



TVPaint11 is the best option for my final show since it is a form of popular industry standard 2D animation software and I have finally been able to purchase the default edition and start practicing with it. So far it is challenging to remember the new key commands and exporting is completely different compared to Photoshop timeline animation and I am concerned the exporting may affect the quality of my animation,  so I need to practice with trial and error efficiently without losing any work.





Thankfully there is great support on the TVPaint11 website with categories to follow in steps to learn all the technicalities for this alternative software that I am not used to using. Though the steps are clearly laid out with example images included, the sentences can be challenging to quickly read since it uses a general English translation with some odd wording. Also the video tutorials, which are very helpful, can require a few replays to understand due to the accent of the speaker.






Note:
The third box indicates the Proxy state. By the way, if you preview an animation with some lag, this element will become red.





Bob is this walking cycle that is supplied by TVPaint 11 during the tutorial to test and practice using their software:




I am pleased to say I have finally figured how to export a video in TVPaint 11, after following the instructions form the video tutorial and a lot of back and forth trying to work the export options. I found out the AVI (internal) is the only viable video format that won't export as a single frame. This option also works as a format for H.264 export.





This screenshot is from further down the tutorial page that I am progressing through. I am very happy to see this feature that allows Timeline Notes in order to provide the animator with a way to add graphical annotations and notes to the animation. It is a tool to make its work easier.

I have also figured out how to implement my animatic mp4 with the audio track overlay as reference, now I can start animating my final project accurately.

The Timeline Notes is accessible in the Timeline window and looks like this in my project, and is perfect for adding in segments of lyrics for the lip-syncing animation, really focusing on the important sections of the track with the audio levels also visible, layered between the timeline notes and the timeline:




I am very excited to start experimenting with this feature on TVPaint 11, and produce some kickass animation on this new software. Something I am not used to previously using photoshop timeline undoubtedly.




No comments:

Post a Comment