Tuesday, May 16, 2017

APPLIED ANIMATION
Weekly Development



Using the brush tool on photoshop, I can edit the presets and create brushes for different drawings in my animation and for use on a graphics tablet. 

First of all I created a complete draft animation based from my storyboard exactly because is was a reference layer underneath my drawings. I traced over the images for each section of the animation and I think that really helped with the staging of the animation because the animatic had all the timings, how many seconds between each part of camera transitions. This helped the animation structuring and layout, after that it was only a matter of refining the drafted drawings on a new layer and colouring the sections.

I encouraged the rest of my group to use this structuring method because I feel that it saved time animating and maintaining the overall layout, the storyboard motion lines or arrows also helped prep me for the process ahead to animate sections.


Using various brush presets for drawing, refining, and most of all colouring are accessed from the option menu by right-clicking with the brush tool, this offers me great ways of refining the drawing and create sketchy bold outlines that I feel helps represent the fox character based in this animation. The jagged outline shows fur and helps create texture because the colouring is only segments part of the fox in bold without and texture. 
As a group we decided that all the texture should be in the background and in the surrounding environment the fox is based in, because the fox is the main focus in the animation so we wanted a nice red coat that could standout against the dark, textured and detailed background and foreground. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment