Friday, November 24, 2017

LAUAN503 - Telling Tales 01 - Story dice (weekly blog 1)





  • PTERODACTYL
    The Pterodactyl is most likely to be my character, a ship name, vehicle type or beast in the animation because it represents, history, flight and creature for some of my thoughts.






    THE SEA
    The sea is most likely to be the environment or world for my animation. It could also be the everlasting plane for a setting or have a deeper meaning for a plot.



    I decided to go with the more obvious option, and stick with my fantasy layout, featuring characters with sentient involvement in the story, as animals. Here I am sketching some ideas for a story, I have come up with some basic ideas for a cartoon setting.


    The first was that the Pterodactyl was an old rusted plane flying high in the sky, then inventors trying to create a flying plane and naming the invention of this vehicle The Pterodactyl. Then i thought of a pirate ship under attack from an actual dinosaur Pterodactyl.


    Put I liked the idea of dinosaurs in a forest, the predator and the prey, Avian to the dragonfly, but in a twist of events, the dragonfly saves the Pterodactyl from being hit with a natural disaster, a tsunami.










I liked these characters and concept art, even thought I feel like I sacrificed on a more illiterate story, but I knew i wanted to keep the animation plot short and sweet. Also keeping the work load down as much as possible. 












This is more concept art that I had drawn for my presentation for the group and see if they vote for it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment