Thursday, March 30, 2017

APPLIED ANIMATION
Weekly Experimentation and concept art

Experimentation art:

What style of character design would I be using in my scene of our animation? 



I was the first to design a colouring scheme for our fox character based from my research into fox fur and eye colouring. The digital colouring technique is based on my research of a fox character called Tod, an animated character from one of Disney's films called 'The fox and the Hound'.




I always sketch ideas in my book and use basic media for ideas, I like this fox design because it comes naturally for me and my style of drawing.





Digital colouring and notes.


Concept art:

Scene concepts and ideas.



This is my cartoony character design with some concept ideas of him being trapped by a noose. We decided that my part is the half way point of the animation as the style and technique transitions to become more serious and graphic. So it should be a neutral fox design with mostly realistic features, so I didn't use the bottom design but instead something more resembling the top design.  



Based from the top design I created this concept art of the fox trapped in a metal cage and showing signs of being uncomfortable in his body posture with a sad expression.


No comments:

Post a Comment